httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Virtual Hosts and Index..htm
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:51:29 GMT

Nothing to do with symbolic links at all... That is a red herring.

It is difficult to say what you have done wrong without seeing the
relevant entries from your config file. Please post those...

In the meantime, you could check the content of the index.html files.
Are you sure that the two files are different and that any hrefs in the
files point to distinct URLs? If, for example, you copied one file from
the other and then edited the text, you might've forgotten to change the
link paths...

Regarding the use of symlinks: Why do you feel you need these at all? If
you simply name your index file "index.html" then that is the default
and a request for http://www.mysite.com/ will automatically land there.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Any tips on this would be highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> InHisGrip,
> Servie

> http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail