httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Kaul, Rohit \(EM, RAIL, TATA, CONSULTANT\)" <rohit.k...@ge.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] child pid 27536 exit signal Bus error (10)
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 23:00:20 GMT
John,
	Thanks for the reply -
Can you tell me where can I get the Sun Forte compoler - is it available as a free download
from somewhere or do we have to do something special in it.
Appreciate your help.
Rgds,
Rohit

-----Original Message-----
From: John P. Dodge [mailto:dodge@cruciate.ca.boeing.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 5:56 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Cc: Joshua Slive
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] child pid 27536 exit signal Bus error (10)

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Kaul, Rohit (EM, RAIL, TATA, CONSULTANT) wrote:

> Hello Joshua,
> 	Thanks for the reply.
>
> Basically we do not have the option of upgrading apache as the driver behind the installation
is that we are upgrading siteminder agent on our servers which unfortunately does not support
apache version beyond 2.0.48.
> Any more information would be highly appreciated.
> Rgds,
> Rohit

sun4u sparc server (Solaris 8).

> > I'm using the following configure option:
> > ../configure --prefix=/u01/apache2.0.48 --enable-so --enable-rewrite --enable-ssl
--with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl --enable-proxy

> I would start by upgrading to the latest version.  There is no point
> in tracking down bugs that may already be fixed.
>
> Then to analyze the core dump, see:
> http://httpd.apache.org/dev/debugging.html
>
> Joshua.

I see these "Bus Error 10" messages periodically on Solaris (and others).
You need to run the "httpd -X" to run apache as a single process and use
truss to trace the syscalls.

truss ./httpd -X

The las one of these I dealt with was mod_ldap throwing a SIG_ADRALN when
using the caching. This signal (SIG_ADRALN) is related to GCC and Solaris.
GCC expects a certain level of POSIX compliance which Solaris doesn't
provide. I bet if you compile with the Sun Forte compoler these problems
go away.

Hope this helps....

"Mon aƩroglisseur est plein d'anguilles"
John P. Dodge
Boeing Shared Services