httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Sylvain MACHEFERT" <SYLVAIN.MACHEF...@segeco.fr>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] PHP + Apache 2
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2004 06:19:52 GMT

This problem occurs on all Apache 2 I have tested (no tested under linux).

Sylvain MACHEFERT

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Mehmet Tahir SANDIKKAYA [mailto:tahir@sandikkaya.name.tr]
Envoyé : dimanche 15 août 2004 23:23
À : users@httpd.apache.org
Objet : [users@httpd] PHP + Apache 2

Hi,

I know that it is not recommended to use PHP with Apache 2, but I saw an
interesting problem. I tried the situation both 1.3.31 and 2.0.50. The
operating system is Windows 2000 Pro. Also, I tried the situation both
with PHP 5.0.1 and 4.3.8.

Whenever sending a Turkish input to the php from the address bar,
if I use mozilla, it sends as "index.php?wiki=T%FCrk%E7e" with
traslating Turkish characters to the well-known %xx format.
if I use explorer, it sends as "index.php?wiki=Türkçe" with Turkish
characters.

In Apache 1.3.31, both work.
In Apache 2.0.50, explorer shows an Server Internal Error, but mozilla
works.

Another point, I am not sure about it, but maybe this can help. In the
three situation of the four, that the system works the output of the php
is *in Turkish* characters for my system. However, I saw a RedHat system
with apache 1.3.xx with the same PHP code. It works, but the output of
the PHP is *not* in Turkish, it is in %xx style.

And also, if you wanna see it, the address is
http://www.sandikkaya.name.tr/index.php
Try the Turkish link with both explorer and mozilla.

So, does anybody have an idea about it?

(Sorry, I used some Turkish characters in the message)