httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark McCulligh" <mmccu...@visualtech.ca>
Subject [users@httpd] Two level access using Basic Authentication
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:05:09 GMT
Hi group,

I am trying to setup a two level security access using Basic Authentication.

I have a site that to gain access you must have a username and password.
Also I need to have a folder inside of the website that only certain users
can access. I have tried to create two groups and only let one group have
access to the private folder.

Here is my Auth code:

<Directory />
Authtype Basic
AuthName "Site Login"
AuthUserFile /???/password-file
AuthGroupFile /???/group-file
require group general admin			//Both groups General and Admin have access to
root website
</Directory>
<Directory /private>
Authtype Basic
AuthName "Site Login"
AuthUserFile /???/password-file
AuthGroupFile /???/group-file
require group admin				//Only group Admin has access to the private folder
</Directory>

This does not work both groups have access to the "private" folder. Can
someone tell me what I am doing wrong or tell me how I should be setting
this up.

Thanks,
Mark.