httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Stanislas de Ionecum" <e_lanc...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Very old problem without any new solution
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2004 01:12:08 GMT
Can you explain me why each time I reply a message I have to post three time
before see it in the list? I wouldn't disturb, but this is an issue.

=================================

Ok,
but you have not replied my question, I guess...

I would to actually *allow* directory listing and allow to see *any*
content. This means

especially that I would definitively get rid of 403 errror.

Other big problem is that with IE Apache is not able to diplay pages other
than index. And

furthermore, I have to specify the complete path, for example

if I enter:
http://myvirtualsite

I get Forbidden from IE and I get the localhost page from Mozilla, rather
than myvirtualsite

page. I HAVE TO WORK OFFLINE TO DIPLAY MY LOCAL SITES. AND IF I WORK
OFFLINE, ONLY INDEX PAGE

CAN BE DISPLAYED.

IS THAT A WAY TO GET RID OF THIS INFAMOUS PROBLEM???

Why I have to be connected to the internet to see my local sites???
Microsoft AAARGH!!!!

Maybe all these problems involve some unproper Windows configuration or some
windows network

problem? Discussing further is useless. I will paste here my entire httpd
file, please check

it for some improper configuration, and if it's fine... well if someone is
able to tell me how

to get rid of IE offline problem I will be very grateful.

SdeI

## Section 1: Global Environment

ServerRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2"
Timeout 300
KeepAlive On
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
KeepAliveTimeout 15

<IfModule mpm_winnt.c>
ThreadsPerChild 250
MaxRequestsPerChild  0
</IfModule>

Listen 80

LoadModule access_module modules/mod_access.so
LoadModule actions_module modules/mod_actions.so
LoadModule alias_module modules/mod_alias.so
LoadModule asis_module modules/mod_asis.so
LoadModule auth_module modules/mod_auth.so
#LoadModule auth_anon_module modules/mod_auth_anon.so
#LoadModule auth_dbm_module modules/mod_auth_dbm.so
#LoadModule auth_digest_module modules/mod_auth_digest.so
LoadModule autoindex_module modules/mod_autoindex.so
#LoadModule cern_meta_module modules/mod_cern_meta.so
LoadModule cgi_module modules/mod_cgi.so
#LoadModule dav_module modules/mod_dav.so
#LoadModule dav_fs_module modules/mod_dav_fs.so
LoadModule dir_module modules/mod_dir.so
LoadModule env_module modules/mod_env.so
#LoadModule expires_module modules/mod_expires.so
#LoadModule file_cache_module modules/mod_file_cache.so
#LoadModule headers_module modules/mod_headers.so
LoadModule imap_module modules/mod_imap.so
LoadModule include_module modules/mod_include.so
#LoadModule info_module modules/mod_info.so
LoadModule isapi_module modules/mod_isapi.so
LoadModule log_config_module modules/mod_log_config.so
LoadModule mime_module modules/mod_mime.so
#LoadModule mime_magic_module modules/mod_mime_magic.so
#LoadModule proxy_module modules/mod_proxy.so
#LoadModule proxy_connect_module modules/mod_proxy_connect.so
#LoadModule proxy_http_module modules/mod_proxy_http.so
#LoadModule proxy_ftp_module modules/mod_proxy_ftp.so
LoadModule negotiation_module modules/mod_negotiation.so
#LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
LoadModule setenvif_module modules/mod_setenvif.so
#LoadModule speling_module modules/mod_speling.so
#LoadModule status_module modules/mod_status.so
#LoadModule unique_id_module modules/mod_unique_id.so
LoadModule userdir_module modules/mod_userdir.so
#LoadModule usertrack_module modules/mod_usertrack.so
#LoadModule vhost_alias_module modules/mod_vhost_alias.so
#LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so

### Section 2: 'Main' server configuration
ServerAdmin email@email.com
ServerName localhost:80

#
# UseCanonicalName: Determines how Apache constructs self-referencing
# URLs and the SERVER_NAME and SERVER_PORT variables.
# When set "Off", Apache will use the Hostname and Port supplied
# by the client.  When set "On", Apache will use the value of the
# ServerName directive.
#
UseCanonicalName Off

DocumentRoot "D:/local_site"

<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
</Directory>

<Directory "D:/local_site">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes FollowSymLinks
SymLinksifOwnerMatch ExecCGI
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

#
# UserDir: The name of the directory that is appended onto a user's home
# directory if a ~user request is received.  Be especially careful to use
# proper, forward slashes here.  On Windows NT, "Personal/My Website"
# is a more appropriate choice.
#
UserDir "Personal/My Website"

DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var index.shtml index.html index.shtm

AccessFileName .htaccess

# The following lines prevent .htaccess and .htpasswd files from being
# viewed by Web clients.
#
<Files ~ "^\.ht">
    Order allow,deny
    Deny from all
</Files>

<files *.pl>
	SetHandler cgi-script
	AllowOverride None
	Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes SymLinksifOwnerMatch ExecCGI
</files>

#
# TypesConfig describes where the mime.types file (or equivalent) is
# to be found.
#
TypesConfig conf/mime.types

DefaultType text/plain

#
# The mod_mime_magic module allows the server to use various hints from the
# contents of the file itself to determine its type.  The MIMEMagicFile
# directive tells the module where the hint definitions are located.
#
<IfModule mod_mime_magic.c>
    MIMEMagicFile conf/magic
</IfModule>

#
# HostnameLookups: Log the names of clients or just their IP addresses
# e.g., www.apache.org (on) or 204.62.129.132 (off).
# The default is off because it'd be overall better for the net if people
# had to knowingly turn this feature on, since enabling it means that
# each client request will result in AT LEAST one lookup request to the
# nameserver.
#
HostnameLookups Off
ErrorLog logs/error.log

#
# LogLevel: Control the number of messages logged to the error.log.
# alert, emerg.
#
LogLevel warn

#
# The following directives define some format nicknames for use with
# a CustomLog directive (see below).
#
LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\""
combined
LogFormat "%{Referer}i -> %U" referer
LogFormat "%{User-agent}i" agent

# You need to enable mod_logio.c to use %I and %O
#LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\" %I
%O" combinedio

#
# The location and format of the access logfile (Common Logfile Format).
# If you do not define any access logfiles within a <VirtualHost>
# container, they will be logged here.  Contrariwise, if you *do*
# define per-<VirtualHost> access logfiles, transactions will be
# logged therein and *not* in this file.
#
CustomLog logs/access.log common

#
# If you would like to have agent and referer logfiles, uncomment the
# following directives.
#
#CustomLog logs/referer.log referer
#CustomLog logs/agent.log agent

# ServerTokens
# This directive configures what you return as the Server HTTP response
# Header. The default is 'Full' which sends information about the OS-Type
# and compiled in modules.
# Set to one of:  Full | OS | Minor | Minimal | Major | Prod
# where Full conveys the most information, and Prod the least.
#
ServerTokens Full

#
# Optionally add a line containing the server version and virtual host
# name to server-generated pages (internal error documents, FTP directory
# listings, mod_status and mod_info output etc., but not CGI generated
# documents or custom error documents).
# Set to "EMail" to also include a mailto: link to the ServerAdmin.
# Set to one of:  On | Off | EMail
#

ServerSignature On

#
# Aliases: Add here as many aliases as you need (with no limit). The format
is
# Alias fakename realname

# We include the /icons/ alias for FancyIndexed directory listings.  If you
# do not use FancyIndexing, you may comment this out.
#
Alias /icons/ "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/icons/"

<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/icons">
    Options Indexes MultiViews
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

#
# This should be changed to the ServerRoot/manual/.  The alias provides
# the manual, even if you choose to move your DocumentRoot.  You may comment
# this out if you do not care for the documentation.
#
AliasMatch ^/manual(?:/(?:de|en|fr|ja|ko|ru))?(/.*)?$ "C:/Program
Files/Apache

Group/Apache2/manual$1"

<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/manual">
    Options Indexes
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all

    <Files *.html>
        SetHandler type-map
    </Files>

    SetEnvIf Request_URI ^/manual/de/ prefer-language=de
    SetEnvIf Request_URI ^/manual/en/ prefer-language=en
    SetEnvIf Request_URI ^/manual/fr/ prefer-language=fr
    SetEnvIf Request_URI ^/manual/ja/ prefer-language=ja
    SetEnvIf Request_URI ^/manual/ko/ prefer-language=ko
    SetEnvIf Request_URI ^/manual/ru/ prefer-language=ru
    RedirectMatch 301 ^/manual(?:/(de|en|fr|ja|ko|ru)){2,}(/.*)?$
/manual/$1$2
</Directory>

#
# ScriptAlias: This controls which directories contain server scripts.

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "D:/local_site/cgi-bin/"

<Directory "D:/local_site/cgi-bin">
   AllowOverride None
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes SymLinksifOwnerMatch ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

#
# IndexOptions: Controls the appearance of server-generated directory
# listings.
#
IndexOptions FancyIndexing VersionSort

#
# AddIcon* directives tell the server which icon to show for different
# files or filename extensions.  These are only displayed for
# FancyIndexed directories.
#
AddIconByEncoding (CMP,/icons/compressed.gif) x-compress x-gzip

AddIconByType (TXT,/icons/text.gif) text/*
AddIconByType (IMG,/icons/image2.gif) image/*
AddIconByType (SND,/icons/sound2.gif) audio/*
AddIconByType (VID,/icons/movie.gif) video/*

AddIcon /icons/binary.gif .bin .exe
AddIcon /icons/binhex.gif .hqx
AddIcon /icons/tar.gif .tar
AddIcon /icons/world2.gif .wrl .wrl.gz .vrml .vrm .iv
AddIcon /icons/compressed.gif .Z .z .tgz .gz .zip
AddIcon /icons/a.gif .ps .ai .eps
AddIcon /icons/layout.gif .html .shtml .htm .pdf
AddIcon /icons/text.gif .txt
AddIcon /icons/c.gif .c
AddIcon /icons/p.gif .pl .py
AddIcon /icons/f.gif .for
AddIcon /icons/dvi.gif .dvi
AddIcon /icons/uuencoded.gif .uu
AddIcon /icons/script.gif .conf .sh .shar .csh .ksh .tcl
AddIcon /icons/tex.gif .tex
AddIcon /icons/bomb.gif core

AddIcon /icons/back.gif ..
AddIcon /icons/hand.right.gif README
AddIcon /icons/folder.gif ^^DIRECTORY^^
AddIcon /icons/blank.gif ^^BLANKICON^^

#
# DefaultIcon is which icon to show for files which do not have an icon
# explicitly set.
#
DefaultIcon /icons/unknown.gif

#
# ReadmeName is the name of the README file the server will look for by
# default, and append to directory listings.
#
# HeaderName is the name of a file which should be prepended to
# directory indexes.
ReadmeName README.html
HeaderName HEADER.html

#
# IndexIgnore is a set of filenames which directory indexing should ignore
# and not include in the listing.  Shell-style wildcarding is permitted.
#
IndexIgnore .??* *~ *# HEADER* README* RCS CVS *,v *,t

AddLanguage da .dk
AddLanguage nl .nl
AddLanguage en .en
AddLanguage et .et
AddLanguage fr .fr
AddLanguage de .de
AddLanguage he .he
AddLanguage el .el
AddLanguage it .it
AddLanguage ja .ja
AddLanguage pl .po
AddLanguage ko .ko
AddLanguage pt .pt
AddLanguage nn .nn
AddLanguage no .no
AddLanguage pt-br .pt-br
AddLanguage ltz .ltz
AddLanguage ca .ca
AddLanguage es .es
AddLanguage sv .sv
AddLanguage cs .cz .cs
AddLanguage ru .ru
AddLanguage zh-CN .zh-cn
AddLanguage zh-TW .zh-tw
AddLanguage hr .hr

LanguagePriority en da nl et fr de el it ja ko no pl pt pt-br ltz ca es sv
tw

ForceLanguagePriority Prefer Fallback

#
# Specify a default charset for all pages sent out. This is
# always a good idea and opens the door for future internationalisation
# of your web site, should you ever want it. Specifying it as
# a default does little harm; as the standard dictates that a page
# is in iso-8859-1 (latin1) unless specified otherwise i.e. you
# are merely stating the obvious. There are also some security
# reasons in browsers, related to javascript and URL parsing
# which encourage you to always set a default char set.
#
AddDefaultCharset ISO-8859-1

#
# Commonly used filename extensions to character sets. You probably
# want to avoid clashes with the language extensions, unless you
# are good at carefully testing your setup after each change.
# See http://www.iana.org/assignments/character-sets for the
# official list of charset names and their respective RFCs.
#
AddCharset ISO-8859-1  .iso8859-1 .latin1
AddCharset ISO-8859-2  .iso8859-2 .latin2 .cen
AddCharset ISO-8859-3  .iso8859-3 .latin3
AddCharset ISO-8859-4  .iso8859-4 .latin4
AddCharset ISO-8859-5  .iso8859-5 .latin5 .cyr .iso-ru
AddCharset ISO-8859-6  .iso8859-6 .latin6 .arb
AddCharset ISO-8859-7  .iso8859-7 .latin7 .grk
AddCharset ISO-8859-8  .iso8859-8 .latin8 .heb
AddCharset ISO-8859-9  .iso8859-9 .latin9 .trk
AddCharset ISO-2022-JP .iso2022-jp .jis
AddCharset ISO-2022-KR .iso2022-kr .kis
AddCharset ISO-2022-CN .iso2022-cn .cis
AddCharset Big5        .Big5       .big5
# For russian, more than one charset is used (depends on client, mostly):
AddCharset WINDOWS-1251 .cp-1251   .win-1251
AddCharset CP866       .cp866
AddCharset KOI8-r      .koi8-r .koi8-ru
AddCharset KOI8-ru     .koi8-uk .ua
AddCharset ISO-10646-UCS-2 .ucs2
AddCharset ISO-10646-UCS-4 .ucs4
AddCharset UTF-8       .utf8

# The set below does not map to a specific (iso) standard
# but works on a fairly wide range of browsers. Note that
# capitalization actually matters (it should not, but it
# does for some browsers).
#
# See http://www.iana.org/assignments/character-sets
# for a list of sorts. But browsers support few.
#
AddCharset GB2312      .gb2312 .gb
AddCharset utf-7       .utf7
AddCharset utf-8       .utf8
AddCharset big5        .big5 .b5
AddCharset EUC-TW      .euc-tw
AddCharset EUC-JP      .euc-jp
AddCharset EUC-KR      .euc-kr
AddCharset shift_jis   .sjis

#
# AddType allows you to add to or override the MIME configuration
# file mime.types for specific file types.
#
AddType application/x-tar .tgz
AddType image/x-icon .ico
AddType text/html .shtml

#
# AddHandler allows you to map certain file extensions to "handlers":
# actions unrelated to filetype. These can be either built into the server
# or added with the Action directive (see below)
#
# To use CGI scripts outside of ScriptAliased directories:
# (You will also need to add "ExecCGI" to the "Options" directive.)
#
AddHandler cgi-script pl cgi
AddHandler server-parsed shtml

#
# For files that include their own HTTP headers:
#
#AddHandler send-as-is asis

#
# For server-parsed imagemap files:
#
#AddHandler imap-file map

#
# For type maps (negotiated resources):
# (This is enabled by default to allow the Apache "It Worked" page
#  to be distributed in multiple languages.)
#
AddHandler type-map var

#
# Filters allow you to process content before it is sent to the client.
#
# To parse .shtml files for server-side includes (SSI):
# (You will also need to add "Includes" to the "Options" directive.)
#
AddType text/html .shtml
AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml

# The following directives modify normal HTTP response behavior to
# handle known problems with browser implementations.
#
BrowserMatch "Mozilla/2" nokeepalive
BrowserMatch "MSIE 4\.0b2;" nokeepalive downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
BrowserMatch "RealPlayer 4\.0" force-response-1.0
BrowserMatch "Java/1\.0" force-response-1.0
BrowserMatch "JDK/1\.0" force-response-1.0

#
# The following directive disables redirects on non-GET requests for
# a directory that does not include the trailing slash.  This fixes a
# problem with Microsoft WebFolders which does not appropriately handle
# redirects for folders with DAV methods.
# Same deal with Apple's DAV filesystem and Gnome VFS support for DAV.
#
BrowserMatch "Microsoft Data Access Internet Publishing Provider"
redirect-carefully
BrowserMatch "^WebDrive" redirect-carefully
BrowserMatch "^WebDAVFS/1.[012]" redirect-carefully
BrowserMatch "^gnome-vfs" redirect-carefully

#
# Bring in additional module-specific configurations
#
<IfModule mod_ssl.c>
    Include conf/ssl.conf
</IfModule>

### Section 3: Virtual Hosts

# Please see the documentation at
# <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/>
# for further details before you try to setup virtual hosts.
#
# You may use the command line option '-S' to verify your virtual host
# configuration.

#
# Use name-based virtual hosting.
#
#NameVirtualHost *

#
# VirtualHost example:
# Almost any Apache directive may go into a VirtualHost container.
# The first VirtualHost section is used for requests without a known
# server name.
#
#<VirtualHost *>
#    ServerAdmin webmaster@dummy-host.example.com
#    DocumentRoot /www/docs/dummy-host.example.com
#    ServerName dummy-host.example.com
#    ErrorLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-error_log
#    CustomLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-access_log common
#</VirtualHost>

#<Directory "D:/pages_perso/websites/penesano">
#    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes FollowSymLinks
SymLinksifOwnerMatch ExecCGI
#    AllowOverride None
#    Allow from all
#</Directory>

#<Directory "D:/pages_perso/websites/penesano">
#   AllowOverride None
#    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes SymLinksifOwnerMatch
#    Order allow,deny
#    Allow from all
#</Directory>

# ALL MY VIRTUAL HOSTING HERE
NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1
NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.2

<virtualhost 127.0.0.1>
ServerName localhost
DocumentRoot D:/local_site
</virtualhost>

<virtualhost 127.0.0.2>
ServerName myvirtualsite
DocumentRoot D:/pages_perso/websites/myvirtualsite
</virtualhost>

SmartScreen Technology.

first two months FREE*.