httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Stanislas de Ionecum" <e_lanc...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Reply to Gary
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2004 03:42:28 GMT
hello,

>Verify these things...
>ServerName localhost <- no :80
>HostnameLookups Off

I verifyed that, it's correct.

>NameVirtualHost YOURIPHERE:80

Someone in this list told me that the :port part is not necessary.
Furthermore, someone else told me that only ServerName and ServerAdmin
suffice.

>Also, take a deep look into the manual.  There are many reasons why your
>configuration might now work.  Basically, after installing the RPM or
>source if compiled it should run without any changes.  Then you tweak
>it...

I don't have any Apache manual. Is there some free and good free manuals
about apache? For example, MySql has an excellent Reference Manual. Is it
the same with Apache?

The error log file say nothing. When I cannot diplay the pages, the
error.log is not edited.

Furthermore, I thinks that there is also a problem with IE itself. It show
the web pages only if I work offline and if I work offline there is no way
to browser the site. But the site is LOCAL.

That's the main problem.

Thanks a lot for your help

SdeI

SmartScreen Technology.