httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michael Thompson <m...@thompsonmike.co.uk>
Subject Re[2]: [users@httpd] Question about custom logging
Date Sun, 08 Aug 2004 20:33:15 GMT
Hello Joshua,

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004, at 13:32:11 [GMT -0400] (which was 18:32 in my
TimeZone) you wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 17:50:31 +0100, Michael Thompson
> <mike@thompsonmike.co.uk> wrote:
>> Hi Users,
>>
>>   I am trying to set my logging not to log when my search engine runs,
>>   ignoring that particular user_agent.
>>
>>   I have read the custom log documentation on the website, but I cant
>>   quite get it.
>>
>>   Can some one provide a example?

> SetEnvIf User-Agent regex-matching-search-engine search-engine
> CustomLog logs/access_log combined env=!search-engine

> Joshua.

My server throws a right wobbler when I use that code, modified for my
set up.

Here is the code as I have it, in a .htaccess file in the document
root.

 SetEnvIf User-Agent ^htdig search-engine
 CustomLog logs/access_log combined env=!search-engine

--
Best regards,
 Michael

http://www.thompsonmike.co.uk/