httpd-users mailing list archives

From Greg Donhardt <donha...@tpg.com.au>
Subject [users@httpd] Trouble with Rewrite
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:28:27 GMT
I am running Apache (2.0.50) on a Windows XP box and am hosting several
websites with various domains. On the same machine I am also running
Ability Mailserver which serves mail for all these domains. Ability has a
webmail service which runs on port 8000. To access the webmail the url is
http://www.users.domain.com.au:8000 which brings up the webmail page. I
want to set it up so that users who want to access their webmail do not
have to worry about ports, so I have setup a redirect within Apache to
point the /webmail directory, ie http://www.users.domain.com.au/webmail to
redirect to http://www.usersdomain.com.au:8000. What I am wanting to do,
however, is stop the URL from changing within the location bar of the
browser as it currently does using the redirect. I have looked at a few
pages and noticed that it should be possible using the rewrite module in
Apache but I just cant work it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Greg