httpd-users mailing list archives

From Steve Suhre <st...@Antero.com>
Subject [users@httpd] AllowOverride and authentication
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:56:00 GMT

Howdy!

I've got an area of one virtual domain that's password protected via
.htaccess files. I'd like to allow access to the same area from another
virtual domain on the same server, without authentication. The conf file
sets AllowOverride at ALL for the whole server within a <Directory>
directive, then I added a second <Directory> directive, after the first,
for the folder where the second virtual domain lives with AllowOverride at
NONE, and I have a symbolic link to the folder from within the second
domain's file structure. But I'm just getting the login prompt no matter
where I try to access the folders. Is there another way to do this?

Apache 1.3.2

Here's how the conf file looks:

<Directory /usr/local/httpd/htdocs>
AllowOverride All
</Directory>

<Directory /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/folder1>
AllowOverride None
</Directory>

I've also got the <Directory>AllowOverride None</Directory> in the virtual
host container for the second domain name. It just seems to be ignoring it
everywhere....

Thanks in advance!

---
Steve Suhre