httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Matthew Pitts" <invin...@nvinity.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] httpd
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2004 17:42:12 GMT
I'm not quite sure about the behavior here, but I would uninstall
('erase') all the apache2 RPMs first. The best commmand for this on a
Mandrake system is:

urpme apache2

You should be prompted to remove other RPMs that depend on apache2, to
which you'll want to say yes. I would also go ahead and remove any other
apache related RPMs, which my not depend on apache2. If your system needs
them when you install from Cooker it can reinstall them, so it won't hurt
to uninstall them. You can get a list of all the RPMs installed on your
system by typing:

rpm -qa

You can also pass the output of this command to 'grep' in order to filter
the output. To get a list of all the RPMs on your system that have
'apache' in there file name just type something like:

rpm -qa | grep apache

Because you are searching for the string 'apache' this list will also
contain any Apache 1.3 related RPMs. If you don't care about version 1.3
and you just want to run version 2.0, then you can uninstall all the
packages listed. However, if you happen to have 1.3 setup and you want to
keep it, be selective about the packages you uninstall from this list.

Enjoy!

Matt Pitts