httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Matthew Pitts" <invin...@nvinity.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] httpd
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 17:38:36 GMT
No problem.

When I updated to 2.0.50 I actually used a Mandrake Cooker ftp location. Using the 'update'
location I mentioned previously would give you RPMs version 2.0.48-6.3.100. I haven't used
this
version myself, but it may fix your problem. If not, browse around at the FTP site I gave,
or
anyone you like, find the Cooker RPMs and do a similiar urpmi.addmedia command to allow urpmi
install Cooker RPMs. However, please note that Mandrake Cooker RPMs are considered 'developement'
versions.

When I add an FTP site to URPMI I use a command like the following:

urpmi.addmedia --probe-synthesis --probe-hdlist PSU_Updates
ftp://carroll.aset.psu.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrakelinux/official/updates/10.0/RPMS

It can take a while, but I haven't had any problems with it hanging in 10.0. Once it completes
you
should be able to uninstall all your Apache2 RPMs and then install a the newer version using
the
typical urpmi command like:

urpmi apache2

Of course, urpmi will probably want to install/update other dependencies, but urpmi should
be able
to get them all from the Cooker ftp site. urpmi actually had to update Perl (from 5.8.3 to
5.8.5)
when I installed 2.0.50 because of mod_perl, but it went without a hitch.

I hope this helps.