httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ed Stafford <ed.staff...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Very old problem without any new solution
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2004 20:05:24 GMT
I could be wrong as I've not messed around much with Apache under XP
(Though it sounds like something I should try sometime this week just
as an aside.)  I believe part of the problem exists with this:

And httpd.conf :
# ALL MY VIRTUAL HOSTING HERE
NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1:80

<virtualhost 127.0.0.1>
ServerName myvirtualsite
ServerAdmin admin@localhost
DocumentRoot "D:/pages_perso/websites/myvirtualsite"
ScriptAlias "/cgi-bin/" "D:/pages_perso/websites/myvirtualsite/cgi-
bin"
</virtualhost>

If you set NameVirtualHost to address:port, then in your <VirtualHost
...> tag, you should also have the address:port exactly as your
NameVirtualHost entry.  So I believe you should have:

And httpd.conf :
# ALL MY VIRTUAL HOSTING HERE
NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1:80

<virtualhost 127.0.0.1:80>
[snip]
</virtualhost>

in your httpd.conf file.

Also, keep in mind what user you run Apache as and make sure that user
can read/execute the DocumentRoot directories.

Ed