httpd-users mailing list archives

From Harold <harold2...@neguide.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problem with execO
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2004 21:42:18 GMT
Hi Aaron,

> try changing the setting in the httpd.conf to listen a differnt
port.  ie
> #Listen 12.34.56.78:80
> Listen 7002

Thanks for responding.  Port 80 is probably being hogged by FrontPage's
web server (which is turned off).  I have just set Listen 7002.  Tested
on-line and off-line, with firewall/antivirus activated and without.  I
tried to open http://localhost:7002/test.htm from a browser, and also
http://localhost:7002/test.php, http://127.0.0.1:7002/test.htm, and
http://127.0.0.1:7002/test.php.  No good so far.  "Page cannot be
displayed."

And, I was still getting the "exec0 may not be a safe" error when I
start Apache as a Console.  <sigh>  On a hunch, I once again downloaded
binaries/win32/apache_1.3.31-win32-x86-no_src.exe, uninstalled the
reinstalled.  No change -- "exec0 may not be a safe"

When I set Listen 7002 I saw reference to <VirtualHost>, and I see
#NameVirtualHost *:80 commented out.
Do I also need to set
NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1  or set
NameVirtualHost 7002 ??

Or maybe set
<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1>
ServerAdmin my@address.com
DocumentRoot C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/htdocs
ServerName localhost  (???)
ErrorLog logs/localhost-error_log
TransferLog logs/localhost-access_log
</VirtualHost>

Like I indicated before, I know only barely enough to get myself into
deep trouble <grin> and look forward to your screaming, "No!  Don't
touch those!"

Thanks again,

Harold