httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ganeshram Iyer <ganeshrami...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache and passwd
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 21:53:39 GMT
Hello all,
I am a new Linux user/administrator with Whitebox Linux and Apache 2.0.
I was wondering if there was a way to setup Apache to require
authentication to a directory over the internet but using Linux's passwd
file? The setup is similar to IIS "Integrated Windows Authentication".
Is it possible though with maybe point the AuthUserFile directive to
point to the 'passwd' file? Would it work? I am trying to maintain a
single password system based on the passwd file so that users would not
have to remember too many passwords.

Thanks
Ganesh