httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mehmet Tahir SANDIKKAYA <ta...@sandikkaya.name.tr>
Subject [users@httpd] PHP + Apache 2
Date Sun, 15 Aug 2004 21:23:09 GMT
Hi,

I know that it is not recommended to use PHP with Apache 2, but I saw an
interesting problem. I tried the situation both 1.3.31 and 2.0.50. The
operating system is Windows 2000 Pro. Also, I tried the situation both
with PHP 5.0.1 and 4.3.8.

Whenever sending a Turkish input to the php from the address bar,
if I use mozilla, it sends as "index.php?wiki=T%FCrk%E7e" with
traslating Turkish characters to the well-known %xx format.
if I use explorer, it sends as "index.php?wiki=Türkçe" with Turkish
characters.

In Apache 1.3.31, both work.
In Apache 2.0.50, explorer shows an Server Internal Error, but mozilla
works.

Another point, I am not sure about it, but maybe this can help. In the
three situation of the four, that the system works the output of the php
is *in Turkish* characters for my system. However, I saw a RedHat system
with apache 1.3.xx with the same PHP code. It works, but the output of
the PHP is *not* in Turkish, it is in %xx style.

And also, if you wanna see it, the address is
http://www.sandikkaya.name.tr/index.php
Try the Turkish link with both explorer and mozilla.

So, does anybody have an idea about it?

(Sorry, I used some Turkish characters in the message)