httpd-users mailing list archives

From Marten Lehmann <lehm...@cnm.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] more output than send by the script?
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 19:52:20 GMT
Hello,

once again.

I was successful with disabling chunked encoding with

BrowserMatch .* force-response-1.0 downgrade-1.0 nokeepalive

However, I'm not very happy with this. Especially, because maybe I'll
move from Apache to Tomcat for this application later and there might be
no chance to force the same behavior. Also, I don't like to use HTTP/1.0
with the Host header, because AFAIK the host-header _may_ work with
HTTP/1.0, but not every http-server is required to support this. My
problem is, that I have to build a simple http-client for perl and php.
And since it shall be available within a certain toolkit for a wide
range of users, I can't rely on any modules in perl or PHP-PEAR. To
disable keep-alive connections, I can send a

Connection: close

header. But what do I have to send to inform the webserver, that I can't
handle chunked encoding?

Accept-Encoding: none

doesn't work.

Accept-Encoding: plain

doesn't work either. I'm not that familar with http and I couldn't find
the information in the RFCs.

Regards
Marten