httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eugene <httpd.subscr...@infosatgeomatica.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ip aliasing and port forwarding
Date Sun, 29 Aug 2004 01:34:19 GMT
Hi, Robert! What about DNS? I thougth to make this trick by myself but when you
connecting to the net you have your IP registered in DNS, so how DNS
will redirect the browser to this IP if the owner of this IP somebody
else for example? Its miht be possible just locally, in small local
network, like we have in our office building. Anyway, if you will make it -
give me to know ;)

Saturday, August 28, 2004, 8:01:47 PM, you wrote:

> I have a static IP 67.117.202.1 and is mapped as eth1 on my fedora linux box.
> if apache 1.3 listens to this IP address, I can see my website from
> the outside world.

> What I am trying to do is make an alias for eth1 so that
> I have 192.168.1.15 as an alias for 67.117.202.1
> and have apache Listen to 192.168.1.15:80
> when I point my web browser to 67.117.202.1.

> however, it doesn't seem to work out.
> do I need to mess around with port forwarding ip tables and such to get
> this to work?

> My static IP number is not behind a firewall or a router, it is only behind a
> modem.
> thanks.

Best regards,
 Eugene                            mailto:httpd.subscribe@infosatgeomatica.com