httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joseph A. Nagy, Jr." <jnag...@joseph-a-nagy-jr.us>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite[SOLVED]
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2004 19:29:06 GMT
On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 11:26:48AM +0200, Robert Andersson wrote the following:
> Joseph A. Nagy, Jr wrote:
> > Thanks for the help, although the above didn't work, after some more
> > fiddling I found the following solution:
> >
> >  RewriteEngine on
> >  RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}  ^joseph-a-nagy-jr.homelinux.org$ [NC,OR]
> >  RewriteCond %{SERVER_NAME} ^joseph-a-nagy-jr.homelinux.org$ [NC]
> >  RewriteRule "(.*)"      "http://www.joseph-a-nagy-jr.us$1" [R]
>
> Don't know about your setup, but the "standard" way to deal with this would
> be:
>
>     <VirtualHost *>
>         ServerName joseph-a-nagy-jr.homelinux.org
>         Redirect / http://www.joseph-a-nagy-jr.us/
>     </VirtualHost>
>     <VirtualHost *>
>         ServerName www.joseph-a-nagy-jr.us
>     </VirtualHost>
>
> Regards,
> Robert Andersson

I have (temporarily) joseph-a-nagy-jr.homelinux.org as a ServerAlias of
www.joseph-a-nagy-jr.us because they are indeed the same site, why have two
different virtual host containers (e.g. twice the work)? Thanks for the tip
though, I know it'll come in handy eventually (I run several sites from my
server).

--
AIM: pres CTHULHU | ICQ: 18115568 | Yahoo: pagan_prince
Jabber: DarkKnightRadick@(jabber.org|amessage.at) | Libertarian @ Large