httpd-users mailing list archives

From Stephan von Krawczynski <sk...@ithnet.com>
Subject [users@httpd] How to run php with virtual host based uid/gid on apache2 ?
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 13:32:21 GMT
Hello all,

I tried to find an answer for this question for quite some time, but it seems
no real solutions are present at this time.
Consider having a setup with around 2000 virtual hosts (with low average
traffic) on linux. Using suexec to provide uid/gid for CGI scripts works very
well. Only real security issue is php as it runs with apache default uid/gid.
How can one change that?
Using MPM perchild is not really an option, as it runs at least one client per
existing vhost (if I got that right) which is not really efficient for virtual
hosts that have possibly one or two requests a day, and considering the number.
I really would like to have some possibility to run php scripts with a
virtual-host based uid/gid just like suexec. Is that possible at all?

Regards,
Stephan