httpd-users mailing list archives

From Suresh Pillai <sureshpilla...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Intermittent 'Invalid URI in request' Error (Apache 2.0.14,Tomcat 4.1.30,jk2)
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 03:35:08 GMT
Brent,
 Thanks for your response
     Unfortunately this error does not happen with all
the users , it happens with only couple of users and I
kind of believe that it has to do with the client (
browser) or something to do with the browser settings
. I am investigating in this direction since I see in
the access log , the requests which give 'Invalid URI'
error has HTTP / 1.0  version and 100% of requests
coming from other users has HTTP / 1.1 . Let me know
upgrading the apache helps in this case.

Thanks

Suresh Pillai

Brent 'Dax' Royal-Gordon <brentdax@gmail.com>
wrote:Please use plain text (not HTML or rich text or
whatever other options
you have) when sending e-mails to this list.

> We have a web application using Apache 2.0.14 as the
webserver

2.0.14 is a very, very old beta. I strongly recommend
you upgrade to
2.0.50, or another recent version. There's a very good
chance that
this will fix the problem; even if it doesn't, it may
clear up other
issues with Apache, and list members will be more able
to help you.

--
Brent 'Dax' Royal-Gordon

Perl and Parrot hacker