httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Constable <ma...@renta.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] PHP config options from an apache2 module
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2004 07:03:14 GMT
On Monday 23 August 2004 16:08, Gary Smith wrote:
> Here is what we use.  This is for Apache 1.3.x but it should work for you.
>
> <Directory "/usr/fileshare/home/clj4_webmaster/www">
>         Order allow,deny
>         Allow from all
>         php_admin_value safe_mode 0
>         php_admin_value open_basedir "/tmp:/usr/fileshare/home/clj4_webmaster:/usr/local/horde:/usr/local/lib"
> </Directory>

Gary, thank you for your reply. As usual I didn't make my question
clear enough. I would like to hack on, for instance, mod_vhost_alias
to (if possible) allow it to ALSO set an open_basedir in PHP as well
as setting a document root for a vhost.

So my question is; is it possible to be able to alter PHP module
settings from WITHIN a previously loaded apache2 module ?

I have asked this question on apache-modules@covalent.net but no one
has replied... so I figured it was too much of a dumb-* query.

> From: Mark Constable [mailto:markc@renta.net]
> I'm wondering if it is at all possible for an apache2 module
> to instruct the PHP module to provide an individual open_basedir
> setting for each vhost from within a <VirtualHost *> section...
>
>  php_admin_value open_basedir /var/www/vhost.com
>
> Is this going to be possible from a module at all ?
>
> (any pointers as to how, if so, greatly appreciated)

--markc