httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alan Chandler <a...@chandlerfamily.org.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] URL Rewriting on a uer by user basis
Date Sat, 21 Aug 2004 21:02:18 GMT
On Saturday 21 August 2004 21:28, A wrote:
> Developers,
>
> Something ha sbeen keeping me up all day and i ve been
> bogged down without any hope of finding a fix.
>
> What i would like to do is quite simple but i have
> found nothing that helps.
>
> I have a server which has authentication.  I want to
> map the url requested to a predefined URL
>
> say i access
>
> www.myHost.com
> uName==paul  passwd==paul
>
> i want to map this to
>
> www.myHost.com/paul

Look at mod_rewrite in the manual, and particularly the directive RewriteRule

You can use %{REMOTE_USER} in the output pattern to include the actually
authenticated user name, or you can instead provide a mapping from username
to some other string (RewriteMap directive)

--
Alan Chandler
alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk