httpd-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Nash <bigredchero...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Newbie help
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 03:46:57 GMT
Might want to change your name to something other than local host. Alos I think this will make
any diffrence but use 127.0.0.1 in your address bar.

Did you start Apache? Sorry but I got to ask the question.

I'm also some what of a newbie but I have Apache running on Linux and XP. Once you get the
hange of it you will not go to anything else ;)

Ted Shaw <tedshaw@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
G'day

I'm using Apache 1.3.14 with Win2000 - it installs and runs but I can't find Localhost. when
I type:
http://localhost, I get the standard page unavailable message. I have changed the config file
to:
ServerName localhost.

Any help greatly appreciated. I did check the faq but couldn't find anything useful. Maybe
due to my lack of knowledge.

Thanks,

Ted