httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eugene Lee <list-apa...@fsck.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] does anyone know where the make command is on Mac os x?
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 17:19:43 GMT
On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 11:39:26AM -0400, Bobbie Atristain wrote:
:
: On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 11:28:26AM -0400, Bobbie Atristain wrote:
: :
: : I'm trying to configure apache with PHP4 and when I try to compile
: : apache I get this error message
: :
: : ======== Error Output for sanity check ========
: : ./helpers/TestCompile: line 1: make: command not found
: : ============= End of Error Report =============
: :
: : This is the first compile I've done on a Mac box - I usually work on
: : linux or sun
:
: Did you install the Developer Tools CD that comes with Mac OS X?
:
: To be honest I think so (it was set up and I'm a contractor trying to
: get a system migrated from linux to mac) - I believe it was b/c GCC is
: on the system but I don't know where to export the make path to

In Panther (Mac OS X 10.3.x), the usual tools (make, gcc, etc.) are
installed in /usr/bin.  I'm pretty sure this is the same directory
for previous versions of Mac OS X as well.  So there's no need to
modify your $PATH.

--
Eugene Lee
eugene at fsck dot net