httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Anders Norrbring" <li...@norrbring.biz>
Subject [users@httpd] Mixing character sets in Apache2?
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:07:42 GMT

I'm about to upgrade my web server system to SuSE 9.1.. As both SuSE and
Apache runs in Unicode mode this poses some headache..

I have several web sites hosted on my systems, and more or less all of them
runs in ISO8859-1 mode, which in turn isn't a big problem since I can tell
Apache2 to run in that mode.

However, I'd like to be able to mix sites that runs in ISO8859-1 and in
Unicode modes on the same Apache2 server.  Can this be done transparently?
Does it need some special parameters in each virtual hosts configuration
file?

Please advice.
Anders Norrbring