httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bobbie Atristain" <bat...@lumberliquidators.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] does anyone know where the make command is on Mac os x?
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 17:22:34 GMT
This is what happens - I even went ahead and added /usr/bin to my path b/c
it wasn't finding the make file but this is what I get...

olpdev:/users/administrator/apache_1.3.31 root# CC="gcc" \
> ./configure --prefix="/usr/local/apache"
Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.31
 + using installation path layout: Darwin (config.layout)
Creating Makefile
Creating Configuration.apaci in src
Creating Makefile in src
 + configured for Darwin platform
 + setting C pre-processor to NOT-AVAILABLE
 + using "tr [a-z] [A-Z]" to uppercase
 + checking for system header files
 + adding selected modules
 + using builtin Expat
 + checking sizeof various data types
 + doing sanity check on compiler and options
** A test compilation with your Makefile configuration
** failed.  The below error output from the compilation
** test will give you an idea what is failing. Note that
** Apache requires an ANSI C Compiler, such as gcc.

======== Error Output for sanity check ========
./helpers/TestCompile: line 1: make: command not found
============= End of Error Report =============

 Aborting!