httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ian M. Evans" <ianev...@digitalhit.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_auth_mysql not recognizing password
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2004 03:38:46 GMT
First off, thanks to this group for the fast and helpful responses I've been getting.
Moving the site over to our first dedicated server and it's been a hoot configuring
everything.

Okay, so my next challenge is mod_auth_mysql. I can see from the archives that
there's quite a few people who have had fun with this one.

Running latest Apache 1.3.xx. Grabbed mod_auth_mysql from
http://modauthmysql.sourceforge.net

Created a md5 password with SELECT md5('thepasswordIchose');

inserted it and the username into the table.

created a test directory called testit

put this into httpd.conf to test it out:

<Directory /usr/local/apache/htdocs/testit>
AuthMySQLUser <mysqluser>
AuthMySQLPassword <mysqlpassword>
AuthName "Tools"
AuthType Basic
AuthMySQLHost localhost
AuthMySQLDB http_auth
AuthMySQLUserTable mysql_auth
AuthMySQLMD5Passwords On
AuthGroupFile /dev/null
require valid-user
</Directory>

Go to the testit directory and it asks for a name and password.

Enter the name and password. Doesn't work. Try again.

Error_log shows:

[Thu Aug 12 21:48:07 2004] [error] user myusername: password mismatch: /testit/

Maybe I need more sleep. :-)