httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jim Maul <jm...@elih.org>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Best way to uninstall Apache2 on red hat
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:26:11 GMT
Quoting "Aaron P. Martinez" <ml@proficuous.com>:

> On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 15:09, Jim Maul wrote:
>> Quoting "Wagner, Aaron" <aaron.wagner@bankofamerica.com>:
>>
>> > I have not heard the warnings, where are they, I search the php site
>> > and found nothing.
>> >
>> > aaron
>> >

>> http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.apache2.php
>>
>> specifically:
>>
>> Warning
>> Do not use Apache 2.0 and PHP in a production environment neither on
>> Unix nor on
>> Windows.
> Went there....read that......still don't know WHY i wouldn't want to use
> php w/apache2....

Exactly my point.  The dont mention why one shouldnt use them together in a
production environment.  I can only assume then that it is because apache2 was
still new and not thoroughly tested..but apache2 is no longer that new and i
think its been tested quite a bit since it was released.  I think that
statement is old news and either should be removed from the site or perhaps an
explanation WHY one shouldnt run them together should be added.  It kinda just
leaves people wondering...

Jim