httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Webmaster" <webmas...@filarescue.org>
Subject Re[2]: [users@httpd] Best way to uninstall Apache2 on red hat
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 02:55:01 GMT

>> Warning
>> Do not use Apache 2.0 and PHP in a production environment neither on
>> Unix nor on
>> Windows.

>Went there....read that......still don't know WHY i wouldn't want to use
>php w/apache2....

I had the most miserable experience attempting to get Apache2 working with PHP4, and will
not try that again for quite a long time. If you get it working without problems, that's wonderful,
but attempting that on my production FreeBSD box accounted for the most downtime since the
server was bought... CPU loads going from 0.01 to 12, core dumps, etc...

Best of luck,
Chris