httpd-users mailing list archives

From joon yang <joon_y...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] https config
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 00:13:02 GMT
You need to add LoadModule in the httpd.conf and
uncomment the following.
<IfModule mod_ssl.c>
Include conf.d/ssl.conf
</IfModule>

This tells apache to load ssl.conf if mod_ssl.so have
been loaded.

Also, in you ssl.conf, you've got port 4443 rather
than 443.

JoOn

<URL:http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_ssl.html>
> [...]
> #SSLSessionCache        none
> #SSLSessionCache
> dbm:/var/cache/mod_ssl/scache(512000)
> #SSLSessionCache
> dc:UNIX/var/cache/mod_ssl/distcache
> SSLSessionCache
> shmcb:/var/cache/mod_ssl/scache(512000)
> SSLSessionCacheTimeout  300
>
> #   Semaphore:
> #   Configure the path to the mutual exclusion
> semaphore the
> #   SSL engine uses internally for inter-process
> synchronization.
> SSLMutex default
>
> #   Pseudo Random Number Generator (PRNG):
> #   Configure one or more sources to seed the PRNG
> of the
> #   SSL library. The seed data should be of good
> random quality.
> #   WARNING! On some platforms /dev/random blocks if
> not enough entropy
> #   is available. This means you then cannot use the
> /dev/random device
> #   because it would lead to very long connection
> times (as long as
> #   it requires to make more entropy available). But
> usually those
> #   platforms additionally provide a /dev/urandom
> device which doesn't
> #   block. So, if available, use this one instead.
> Read the mod_ssl User
> #   Manual for more details.
> SSLRandomSeed startup file:/dev/urandom  256
> SSLRandomSeed connect builtin
> #SSLRandomSeed startup file:/dev/random  512
> #SSLRandomSeed connect file:/dev/random  512
> #SSLRandomSeed connect file:/dev/urandom 512
>
> #
> # Use "SSLCryptoDevice" to enable any supported
> hardware
> # accelerators. Use "openssl engine -v" to list
> supported
> # engine names.  NOTE: If you enable an accelerator
> and the
> # server does not start, consult the error logs and
> ensure
> # your accelerator is functioning properly.
> #
> SSLCryptoDevice builtin
> #SSLCryptoDevice ubsec
>
> ##
> ## SSL Virtual Host Context
> ##
>
> <VirtualHost _default_:4443>
>
> # General setup for the virtual host, inherited from
> global configuration
> DocumentRoot "/var/www/html"
> ServerName gibbons.com:4443
>
> # Use separate log files for the SSL virtual host;
> note that LogLevel
> # is not inherited from httpd.conf.
> ErrorLog logs/ssl_error_log
> TransferLog logs/ssl_access_log
> LogLevel warn
>
> #   SSL Engine Switch:
> #   Enable/Disable SSL for this virtual host.
> SSLEngine on
>
> #   SSL Cipher Suite:
> #   List the ciphers that the client is permitted to
> negotiate.
> #   See the mod_ssl documentation for a complete

ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP

<URL:http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#lockfile>);

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#enablemmap

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#enablesendfile
> [...]
> # Russian (ru) - Croatian (hr)
> #
> AddLanguage da .dk
> AddLanguage nl .nl
> AddLanguage en .en
> AddLanguage et .et
> AddLanguage fr .fr
> AddLanguage de .de
> AddLanguage he .he
> AddLanguage el .el
> AddLanguage it .it
> AddLanguage ja .ja
> AddLanguage pl .po
> AddLanguage kr .kr
> AddLanguage pt .pt
> AddLanguage nn .nn
> AddLanguage no .no
> AddLanguage pt-br .pt-br
> AddLanguage ltz .ltz
> AddLanguage ca .ca
> AddLanguage es .es
> AddLanguage sv .se
> AddLanguage cz .cz
> AddLanguage ru .ru
> AddLanguage tw .tw
> AddLanguage zh-tw .tw
> AddLanguage hr .hr
>
> #
> # LanguagePriority allows you to give precedence to
> some languages
> # in case of a tie during content negotiation.
> #
> # Just list the languages in decreasing order of
> preference. We have
> # more or less alphabetized them here. You probably
> want to change this.
> #
> LanguagePriority en da nl et fr de el it ja kr no pl
> pt pt-br ltz ca es sv tw
>
> #
> # ForceLanguagePriority allows you to serve a result
> page rather than
> # MULTIPLE CHOICES (Prefer) [in case of a tie] or
> NOT ACCEPTABLE (Fallback)
> # [in case no accepted languages matched the
> available variants]
> #
> ForceLanguagePriority Prefer Fallback
>
> #
> # Specify a default charset for all pages sent out.
> This is
> # always a good idea and opens the door for future
> internationalisation
> # of your web site, should you ever want it.
> Specifying it as
> # a default does little harm; as the standard
> dictates that a page
> # is in iso-8859-1 (latin1) unless specified
> otherwise i.e. you
> # are merely stating the obvious. There are also
> some security
> # reasons in browsers, related to javascript and URL
> parsing
> # which encourage you to always set a default char
> set.
> #
> AddDefaultCharset ISO-8859-1
>
> #
> # Commonly used filename extensions to character
> sets. You probably
> # want to avoid clashes with the language
> extensions, unless you
> # are good at carefully testing your setup after

ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/character-sets

users-help@httpd.apache.org