httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] RewriteCond - problems with -F and -U switches
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:53:38 GMT
I wrote:
> Either these features are entirely broken, or I am completely
> misunderstanding what they are supposed to do.

As I figured, it's probably the latter. While googling around, I stubbled on
some old bug reports related to this. One had this comment:

    "Argh. I figured this out I think. Unfortunately, the '-U' switch
     doesn't check for the existance of a document, it just checks to see
     if the URL is valid (meaning it passes auth and access checks, is in a
     document root or aliased, etc). You have to actually do a
     run_sub_req to find out if the document is servable, and that then
     serves the document, which is not what we want."
     -- http://archive.apache.org/gnats/2931

If that is the case, I'm out of luck :(

Regards,
Robert Andersson