httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Scot L. Harris" <we...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject [users@httpd] File does not exist: error message in error_log
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 21:29:21 GMT
Server version: Apache/2.0.49
Red Hat 8.0  2.4.20-28.8

Found the following error message in the error_log file.

[error] [client xx.xxx.xxx.xxx] File does not exist:
/vhost/websiteserver.com/home/www/html/undefined, referer:
http://websiteserver.com/sites.html

This message appears to show up when ever accessing the web pages on the
server.  I have googled for similar errors but have not found a good
explanation.  I suspect it may have something to do with javascript that
is on these pages.  Pages without this javascript do not generate these
errors.

I have increased the logging level on apache but did not get any
additional information on this problem.

Does anyone have any ideas on where else I can look or why the code
below would generate such an error message?

Thanks for any assistance with this.

<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
function na_preload_img()
{
  var img_list = na_preload_img.arguments;
  if (document.preloadlist == null)
    document.preloadlist = new Array();
  var top = document.preloadlist.length;
  for (var i=0; i < img_list.length; i++) {
    document.preloadlist[top+i] = new Image;
    document.preloadlist[top+i].src = img_list[i+1];
  }
}

function na_change_img_src(name, nsdoc, rpath, preload)
{
  var img = eval((navigator.appName.indexOf('Netscape', 0) != -1) ?
nsdoc+'.'+name : 'document.all.'+name);
  if (name == '')
    return;
  if (img) {
    img.altsrc = img.src;
    img.src    = rpath;
  }
}

function na_restore_img_src(name, nsdoc)
{
  var img = eval((navigator.appName.indexOf('Netscape', 0) != -1) ?
nsdoc+'.'+name : 'document.all.'+name);
  if (name == '')
    return;
  if (img && img.altsrc) {