httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian Parish <click...@swiftdsl.com.au>
Subject [users@httpd] enabling socket connections in apache2
Date Sat, 21 Aug 2004 23:42:09 GMT
I am fairly new to web hosting, but have a number of sites working
nicely.  One of the sites I am hosting uses a perl search script.  The
index for this is built by accessing the script in admin mode.  It
starts to "crawl the site"  then times out.  The diagnostics complain
that all sockets fail and suggests that I contact my web administrator
to have this corrected.  Unfortunately that's me.

Googling and looking at config files has not so far turned up a
solution.  The only reference I can find that seems like it might be
related is in commonhttpd.conf

# Additional to mod_cgid.c settings, mod_cgid has Scriptsock <path>
# for setting UNIX socket for communicating with cgid.
#
#Scriptsock            /cgisock

Uncommenting this line and restarting httpd didn't help, but this was a
blind "try and see" so that was no surprise.

TIA
Brian