httpd-users mailing list archives

From Philip Collins <Philip.Coll...@unh.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] unable to POST with mod_include
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 15:28:13 GMT
I am getting the "The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL"
when I try to post to a shtml file which includes some dynamic CGI
forms. I tried specifying the limit directive explicitly allowing GET
POST, to no avail. I did some web searches, and the only solution (that
is not really a solution) was to change the action of my forms to the
script the form is intended for. This is not what I really want. For
example, I have a web site with menus, search form, and footer - all are
constructed from separate html files - all included in one shtml file.
The web page loads correctly, then when I click the submit button with
some search terms, the form does a POST (GET is not an option), and I
get the error message. mod_include must have some way to do this. If
not, why not? This seems like a silly constraint. In the end, I was able
to get around all of this by using the Apache::SSI mod_perl module which
allows you to POST to a shtml file. I would rather stick to standard
apache modules if possible.

Here is my original conf file that doesn't work
    <Directory />
      AllowOverride None
      Options All
      Order Deny,Allow
      Deny from all
      Allow from all
      <Limit GET POST>
        Order Deny,Allow
        Deny from all
        Allow from all
      </Limit>
    </Directory>

Here is the one that does work using the Apache::SSI module
    <Files *.shtml>  # or whatever
      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlHandler Apache::SSI
    </Files>

If it matters here is my server info:
Server version: Apache/1.3.31 (Unix)
Server built:   Jul  9 2004 16:14:29
Server's Module Magic Number: 19990320:16
Server compiled with....
 -D EAPI
 -D HAVE_MMAP
 -D HAVE_SHMGET
 -D USE_SHMGET_SCOREBOARD
 -D USE_MMAP_FILES
 -D HAVE_FCNTL_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D HAVE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D DYNAMIC_MODULE_LIMIT=64
 -D HARD_SERVER_LIMIT=256
 -D HTTPD_ROOT="/usr/local/apache"
 -D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/local/apache/bin/suexec"
 -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="logs/httpd.pid"
 -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/httpd.scoreboard"
 -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="logs/httpd.lock"
 -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
 -D TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="conf/mime.types"
 -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"
 -D ACCESS_CONFIG_FILE="conf/access.conf"
 -D RESOURCE_CONFIG_FILE="conf/srm.conf"

Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_env.c
  mod_log_config.c
  mod_mime.c
  mod_negotiation.c
  mod_status.c
  mod_info.c
  mod_include.c
  mod_autoindex.c
  mod_dir.c
  mod_cgi.c
  mod_asis.c
  mod_imap.c
  mod_actions.c
  mod_userdir.c
  mod_alias.c
  mod_rewrite.c
  mod_access.c
  mod_auth.c
  mod_proxy.c
  mod_usertrack.c
  mod_so.c
  mod_setenvif.c
  mod_ssl.c
  mod_perl.c

Thanks to anyone who can help me with this.

--
University Of New Hampshire
Morse Hall Room 219