httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ricardo Portilho Proni <ricardoporti...@uol.com.br>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Activate REMOTE_USER Enviroment Variable
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2004 01:25:11 GMT

	May I put the directives on the "/" or "cgi-bin" Directory? I ask that
because I will only need the username with running CGIs.
	I put the following lines in cgi-bin, and got the 500 error.

	<Directory "/var/www/cgi-bin">
        Options ExecCGI
        AllowOverride None
        AuthType Basic
        AuthName "Help"
        Require valid-user
        AuthAuthoritative On
	</Directory>

	One more think, I don't want to require username and password from the
users, I just want to know who they are. So, what can I do, for
permmiting their access? I must include every new user with htpasswd?

	Sorry, I am beginning now to dig a little more in apache and the docs,
learning a few more than the "Hey, it worked !".
	Thanks in advance.