httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Custom authorization of static content
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 12:23:10 GMT
Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> Anyway, I think I have a solution:
>
> From within you VirtualHost or Directory directive, you might
> specify:
>
> <IfModule mod_php5.c>
> php_value auto_prepend_file
> "/some/directory/to/your/I-really-need-this-authentication.php"
> </IfModule>
>
> This file is parsed and executed, and so might check weither a user
> is authenticated.

Hmm... from what I gather from the docs, it is only parsed and executed when
a document affected by the directive is parsed by PHP. I could be wrong,
though.

As stated, the problem is mainly static contents (images, PDF-files etc)
that I wish to keep static, yet have custom code executed in the
authorization stage of the request. In such way, that if the custom code
"returned" 403, my standard 403 error document would be served.

Regards,
Robert Andersson