httpd-users mailing list archives

From "iIDC Support" <supp...@iidc.org>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] ip aliasing and port forwarding
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:43:11 GMT
Robert,

You will need to build a route from one 'network' to the other; the problem
is that one network cannot see the other network logically, and even though
it is connected physically and you can ping both IPs from the same machine,
you probably cannot ping the routable IP from a machine that is strictly
192.168.0.0/24, as there is no gateway.

Try this: add another alias to the same NIC as the gateway 192.168.0.1, and
add this gateway to the alias 192.168.0.15 with the subnet 255.255.255.0.

Thomas

-----Original Message-----
From: news [mailto:news@sea.gmane.org] On Behalf Of robert
Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2004 4:02 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] ip aliasing and port forwarding

I have a static IP 67.117.202.1 and is mapped as eth1 on my fedora linux
box. if apache 1.3 listens to this IP address, I can see my website from
the outside world.

What I am trying to do is make an alias for eth1 so that
I have 192.168.1.15 as an alias for 67.117.202.1
and have apache Listen to 192.168.1.15:80
when I point my web browser to 67.117.202.1.

however, it doesn't seem to work out.
do I need to mess around with port forwarding ip tables and such to get
this to work?

My static IP number is not behind a firewall or a router, it is only behind
modem.
thanks.