httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Me" ...@yzix.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ip aliasing and port forwarding
Date Sun, 29 Aug 2004 04:46:25 GMT
> I have a static IP 67.117.202.1 and is mapped as eth1 on my fedora linux box.
> if apache 1.3 listens to this IP address, I can see my website from
> the outside world.

This may seem like an odd question - but what's set up for eth0. The designation eth1 assumes
(to me anyway) that you have 2 nics on that box.

If you have eth0 set up as as internal net number (ie: 192.168.1.15) you shouldn't have to
alias that IP to eth1 (it would, in fact cause errors). Have you tried
Listen *:80
In your httpd.conf to make Apache listen to all available IP addresses?

Also, perhaps a bit off topic, if you're trying to set up the Fedora box as a firewall or
a NAT for your local net, you can find detailed instructions at http://tldp.org/HOWTO/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO/index.html

Either way, you're going to need a gateway somewhere that allows your 192.168.1.0 network
to access the Internet (67.117.202.1)

I guess I'm with Zoe on this - more information is required about your network configuration
to answer your question properly