httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Zoe Ballz" <...@zoeballz.tv>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] need direction how to host?
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2004 21:51:44 GMT
Hi

You need to read the section in the manual for name based virtual hosting.
Yes you do need a separate section for each host. If you have an index.html
in every directory people cannot see the directory listings however i
believe if you turn off the mod_autoindex (i hope i got the right one) then
indexes are not produced at all.

The information you need is all in the apache manual.

Zoe

http://zoeballz.net - Website Hosting for the Transgendered Community
----- Original Message -----
From: Christopher Nash
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2004 10:17 PM
Subject: [users@httpd] need direction how to host?

I'm currently runnin Windows XP with Apache 2.0.50 and need to know what
diretion to take.

 I need to host 4 domains on my server including my own. I have setup my
dynamic address to update to www.everydns.net every 4 hours.

Do I need to creat a virtual server for each domain?

And how do I keep it form changing it show the directory structor in stead
of the domain name that it should be?

Thanks,

Do you Yahoo!?