httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Zoe Ballz" <...@zoeballz.tv>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] problem displaying website.
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 23:38:06 GMT
Have you tried the HOSTS file like I said before? What happened? Please give exact examples
of the addressed you are referring to. When you say "resolve then name correctly" what exactly
did it resolve to? If you don't want to publicise the details on the forum, email me direct.
This is a network issue and probe not an Apache issue so sorry to those people who think this
is "off subject".

Zoe

http://zoeballz.net - Website Hosting for the Transgendered Community
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Patrick O'Neal
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 3:23 PM
  Subject: RE: [users@httpd] problem displaying website.

  Well since the name is resolving correctly on all of the client computers on the LAN, which
they get all of there DNS info from the Router, I would say that DNS is fine. I believe the
real problem must be in how the router's firewall is handling the traffic. I am just not sure
why the LAN computers get a timed out error when they try to go to the website by its real
name or its real outside IP address but when I put in the address of the local server it works
great. It really makes me believe that is a firewall issue.