httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Lomas" <mlo...@rogers.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Dynamic mass vhosts - can I exclude requests for the main page?
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 01:10:20 GMT
Thanks for helping, Eimis. Could you clarify for me ... I think my setup is
already as you suggest: (all I've changed below is the example.com)

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerName www.example.com
    ServerAdmin martin@example.com
    VirtualDocumentRoot L:/www/%1.1/%1
    CustomLog logs/tsaccess.log vcommon env=!req_img
</VirtualHost>

So, do you mean I need to arrange this differently?

Thanks again,
Martin

> I just got into dynamic mass vhosts because I need to serve many
> subdomains. Inside my Virtual Host section, I have the statement:
>
> VirtualDocumentRoot L:/www/%1.1/%1
>
> It's working great; e.g.: if I need to serve "smith.example.com", all I do
> is put the directory "smith" in L:/www/s/
>
> Question: It seems my main page (www.example.com) must also now be served
> from L:/www/w/www - I wish I could have it elsewhere. Is there a way to do
> this (without confusing things too much!)?

Try defining it as first virtual host in your vhost list and then after
defining www.your.domain.com as virtual host add directives for mass virtual
hosting
-----
Eimis