httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Jones" <pjo...@novell.com>
Subject [users@httpd] auth_ldap dynamic group
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2004 14:58:31 GMT
I am using auth_ldap for authentication against my subversion
repositories.  I use:

<Location /repos>
Dav svn
SVNParentPath /srv/svn/repos

AuthType Basic
AuthName "Authorization required"

AuthLDAPURL ldap://host:389/o=org?cn
Require group cn=project1,ou=projects,o=org
</Location>

The url I would hit for this repository would be
http://myhost/repos/project1

This all works fine if I have only one ldap group, the problem is that I
have hundreds of projects and I recieve a new one almost everyday.  I
need one of two things:

     "Require group cn=<dynamic>,ou=projects,o=org" where I can set the
group cn dynamically from the url

or

    .htaccess files to work in a location tag.  If I can set up
.htaccess files in each submersion repository I can put the correct
group in each file.

Anyone have any ideas on how to match the group specified in the url to
the ldap group in the require directive?

Paul Jones