httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bill Guion <bgu...@sgt-inc.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Access Question
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 14:07:15 GMT
Before I try to figure out how to do this, I'd like to at least know
it can be done.

Our company has a web site for employees. As implemented, all
employees can access the first page (with a user id and password) and
some of the links on the first page, and certain employees can open
the other links on that page. What I would like to do is have two web
pages: www.intranet1.com and www.intranet2.com (names I made up for
this example). I would like for all employees to open
www.intranet.com, enter their user id and password, and be redirected
to either intranet1 or intranet2 depending on the user id and
password presented. Is this reasonably possible?

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
Bill Guion, Chief Systems Engineer     SGT, Inc.
Telephone:   (301) 486-3141            7701 Greenbelt Road

All generalizations are false.