httpd-users mailing list archives

From ilya gordon <gro...@iggroup.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Apache 2.0 Buffered I/O API question
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 19:32:54 GMT
Nick Kew <nick <at> webthing.com> writes:

> On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, ilya gordon wrote:
>
> > These set of functions is completely missing from the new Apache 2.0 API.
> > Does anybody know what they are replaced with.
>
> Not unless you tell us what you need that isn't provided for by the
> ap_rwrite() and/or ap_fwrite() family of buffered IO functions.

This is what I have right now in a module for ver 1.3 that I am trying to
convert to 2.0 API

  buffer = ap_bcreate( r->pool, B_RDWR );
  ap_bpushfd( buffer, socket, socket );

>From what I understand this creates a i/o buffer in the pool with READ and
WRITE permissions. Then with ap_bpushfd it connects the buffer to the
read/write streams of the socket.

To print to the socket I do something like

  ap_bprintf( buffer, "Hello %s!\r\n", name);

Since ap_bcreate() is missing from 2.0 API, how would I convert this properly
to the new 2.0 API.

Thanks