httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] more output than send by the script?
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 18:13:15 GMT
On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 19:59:53 +0200, Marten Lehmann <lehmann@cnm.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> >><VirtualHost 192.168.33.33:80>
> >>         DocumentRoot /vrmd/config/webs/api
> >>         ServerName api
> >>         SetEnv force-response-1.0
> >>         SetEnv downgrade-1.0
> >>         SetEnv nokeepalive
> >></VirtualHost>
> >>
> >>nokeepalive definitely works, but the output still is
> >

> > Strange.  Something is wrong there.
>
> 192.168.33.33:80 is defined as NameVirtualHost. Is maybe just not
> possible for NameVirtualHosts to change a certain behavior?

More likely, SetEnv is just acting too late to do any good.  It would
probably work with something like
SetEnvIf Remote_Addr . downgrade-1.0

But, as I've said, that is not the best solution.  (The best solution
is to use a real HTTP/1.1 client library that will correctly handle
the protocol rather than a nasty hack of just sending a request down
the line and hoping you get back something you can understand.  The
second best solution is to use HTTP/1.0 which is much simpler and
therefore doesn't create as many problems for your nasty hack.)

Joshua.