httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Access Question
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 14:38:32 GMT
On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 10:07:15 -0400, Bill Guion <bguion@sgt-inc.com> wrote:
> Before I try to figure out how to do this, I'd like to at least know
> it can be done.

Anything can be done.  It's just a matter of complexity.

> Our company has a web site for employees. As implemented, all
> employees can access the first page (with a user id and password) and
> some of the links on the first page, and certain employees can open
> the other links on that page. What I would like to do is have two web
> pages: www.intranet1.com and www.intranet2.com (names I made up for
> this example). I would like for all employees to open
> www.intranet.com, enter their user id and password, and be redirected
> to either intranet1 or intranet2 depending on the user id and
> password presented. Is this reasonably possible?

How are you doing the authentication?  Is it HTTP basic auth?  Cookie
based sessions through php?  Something else?

In general, the authentication and redirect is not hard.  The hard
part may be to carry the session through to the other server so that
your users don't need to login a second time.

Joshua.