httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Mod_rewrite not logging
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 13:17:07 GMT
On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 11:22:28 +0100, Wilding, Kevan A
<kwilding@essex.ac.uk> wrote:
> RewriteEngine on
> RewriteRule ^/kevan/($) http://cswww.essex.ac.uk/$1

Hmmm... That probably doesn't do exactly what you want.  I'd suggest
RewriteRule ^/kevan/(.*) http://cswww.essex.ac.uk/$1

Also, is this kevan directory inside a virtual host?  If so, you need
the appropriate RewriteOptions set inside the <VirtualHost> to get the
rules to work.

> As regards changing the ports, I have done this in the httpd.conf ok,
> but it appears to ignore this and complain that the httpd pid is already
> running, thus not starting up.

Check the PIDFile directive.  They need to point to different places.
Same for log files.  Usually, when you install apache twice, you use a
different --prefix on the ./configure command line to avoid
overlapping files like this.

Joshua.