httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache 2.0.50 returns 304 when requesting images
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2004 02:41:15 GMT
On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 01:04:19 +0200, A. Gideonse <agideonse@planet.nl> wrote:
> I've installed Apache 2.0.50 recently with the newest version of PHP and
> MySQL. After opening my website on the localhost I found out that some of
> the images were not loading. In my log I found message like these:
>
> 127.0.0.1 - - [23/Jul/2004:00:42:48 +0200] "GET /files/title.jpg HTTP/1.1"
> 304 -

The 304 status code is completely normal.  It only means that your
browser already has the image in its cache, so there is no need to
deliver it again.

When you say that images "were not loading" , exactly what do you
mean?  Exactly what do you see?  Have you tried requesting the images
directly (rather than embedded in a page)?  What OS?  Have you tried
EnableSendfile Off

Joshua.