httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Alltimer mod_rewrite
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 00:13:43 GMT
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 14:31:00 +0200, Alexander Stoll <technoworx@gmx.de> wrote:

> Alias /typo3ssl-site1 /vhosts/www.site1.de/webroot/typo3
> # alias for backend directory of normal vhost to directory on SSL vhost
>
> RewriteEngine   on
> RewriteLog      /root/rlog
> RewriteLogLevel 9
> RewriteCond    %{HTTP_REFERER} !^$
> RewriteCond    %{HTTP_REFERER}
> ^/typo3ssl-site1/ext/viewpage/view/frameset.php.*
> RewriteRule    ^index.php(.*)$ http://www.site1.de/$1   [R]
>
> <Directory /vhosts/www.site1.de/webroot/typo3>
> RewriteBase /typo3ssl-site1
> </Directory>

> the rewrite log is empty, nothing in there...

I don't understand exactly what you are trying to do, but if the
rewritelog is empty, you have a major problem.  To start, are the
mod_rewrite directives inside or outside the <VirtualHost> section?
If they are outside, you need to use a RewriteOptions directive inside
the <VirtualHost> to get the directives to carry through.

Also, using both Alias and RewriteRules together in this way is not a
good idea.  You wind up getting confusing stuff happening due to
module hook ordering.  You are better off convertin the Alias to a
RewriteRule so you can explicitly specify the ordering.

Joshua.