httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re[4]: [users@httpd] uh oh...
Date Sat, 17 Jul 2004 14:58:37 GMT
On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 13:05:26 -0500, Webmaster <webmaster@filarescue.org> wrote:
> I see this in the httpd error log, usually within about an hour from when httpd starts
sucking up all the CPU:

> [Fri Jul 16 10:29:14 2004] [info] (32)Broken pipe: core_output_filter: writing data to
the network

That is not really an error, but simply "info".  It means that a
client disconnected before all the data was written (stop button
pressed or some such thing).

> Based on the unixd_pre_config having to do with suexec, should I do away with suexec
completely, and see if that helps?

That would just be a shot in the dark.  I would try first to look at
some other core dumps.  The one you posted was the problem you had
restarting apache.  It doesn't say anything about the problem that
caused running processes to die.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some deaper problem
in your system.

Joshua.